For most of the women these days, childbirth automatically begs the question that how to lose weight after delivery. To look smart and to have a body that is close to perfect is a dream of most women, no matter what the age. Women adopt many ways all their lives to keep their body well shaped and attractive. The toughest time and the most critical time to maintain weight and body is right after delivery. This is because there are many issues that a mother has to face at this stage of her life like baby’s health, her own health, breastfeeding and knowing for sure that should she start reducing her weight right afterward or should there be some time frame for it. In any case, if she is able to maintain her and her child’s good health right after childbirth, it becomes much easier to lose weight later on.
There are many changes that women undergo during pregnancy, and the most visible change is the increase in the weight. A pregnant woman loses a significant amount of weight after delivery. Usually, baby’s weight is around 7 – 8 pound and another few pounds that temporary piles up in the body are due to the blood, amniotic fluid, and placenta. All this weight is lost right after delivery.
Tips to Lose Weight after Baby
- Many women believe that breastfeeding will destroy the shape of their body so that they try to avoid it. The truth, however, is the other way around. Breastfeeding burns extra calories fats into milk and it is transferred to the baby through milk, thus helping them lose weight automatically.
- Don’t diet because it is not healthy especially if your baby is on breastfeeding. Newborns need a lot of nourishment and energy to remain strong and grow. Instead of dieting, one should eat a balanced and healthy diet; rather than stuffing in everything one finds in the kitchen. Managing a healthy diet will help lose weight without any exercise. It is important that a woman get 1800-2500 calories per day along with other nutrients after delivery.
- Special foods are suggested for women after delivery by the experts like milk and yogurt Milk and yogurt have high calcium to keep your bones and your baby’s bones strong.
- Fish (Tuna, sardines) should be eaten by the mother of the newborn baby because it is rich in DHA, Omega 3 fatty acid and proteins, which are required by the women after delivery. These foods also bring back pre-pregnancy weight.
- Drink plenty of water because according to the research, consumption of water speeds up the metabolism and prevents you from eating much as it fills up your stomach and gives a full feeling.
- Avoid taking too much rest in the first 2 months after delivery; it puts the weight on.
- You can also exercise but avoid heavy exercises to avoid the bad effects. Morning walk of 10 – 15 minutes daily can help reduce approximately 1 pound of your weight per week.
- Keep in touch with your doctor and take regular checkups to be updated from your health status.